Home

vacation

Posted By: Tysonhunter

vacation - 10/26/2015 11:04 PM

Well I opted for next week as opposed to the following week prior to gun opener however the weather so far looks warm and rainy next week. I could do the switcheroo but don't trust weather reports this far out. This is a problem with limited time to take off and want to have the best odds possible. Both is not a option. Thoughts?
Posted By: pav

Re: vacation - 10/27/2015 06:27 AM

Do you have to take all five days the same calendar week? If not, you could watch the weather and plan accordingly...like taking off the 5th - 11th... or something like that.

Do all five days have to be consecutive? If not, you could pick and choose the best five days out of the ten based on weather.

If you are stuck with one calendar week, the second week is forecast to be cooler (if you can trust that). Also, the second week is the new moon...which usually means more daytime activity.
I would hate being at work next week, but if I had to choose one based on the available data...it would be the second week.

Good luck.
Posted By: Tysonhunter

Re: vacation - 10/27/2015 10:46 AM

I already have Thursday and Friday off prior to gun opener so maybe it's better for me to work next mon thru weds and take next Thurs thru mon after gun? Lol guess weather can always change as time gets closer
Posted By: ParkerBow

Re: vacation - 10/27/2015 11:07 AM

I have always heard the best days to hunt every year is Nov 4 thru the 8th as Nov 7th is the best single day to hunt, but warm weather can cause less day time movement for sure. It seems in my area the I see more movement during the 7th thru the 12th. I would opt for the week before gun.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting