Home

Big Oaks primitive

Posted By: bean

Big Oaks primitive - 10/26/2015 07:24 PM

Anyone go? How did hunt go?

I was drawn but couldn't go.
Posted By: garman6

Re: Big Oaks primitive - 10/26/2015 08:28 PM

I heard they only killed 14 deer in the two days? If that's true that is very sad!
Posted By: antiwheeze

Re: Big Oaks primitive - 10/26/2015 08:40 PM

Must have been a good area. We all 4 saw deer and my nephew took a fawn Two other hunters in the area took small bucks.
I thought it was a pretty good hunt. Excellent weather for muzzy hunting!
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: Big Oaks primitive - 10/27/2015 07:33 AM

Think that's bad Garmin 1___ONE killed this past week end
Posted By: Cody.Query

Re: Big Oaks primitive - 10/27/2015 09:57 AM

Wow. I'm planning on going Sunday but those numbers aren't boosting my confidence any.
Posted By: antiwheeze

Re: Big Oaks primitive - 10/27/2015 10:53 AM

Bow at BO is usually tough. It's a good time to scout an area out. Things are better when u can carry a gun!
Posted By: BREW...

Re: Big Oaks primitive - 10/27/2015 10:58 AM

Originally posted by antiwheeze:
Bow at BO is usually tough. It's a good time to scout an area out. Things are better when u can carry a gun!
It's definitely not a give me for sure..... Succes rate runs around about 20% I believe!!
Posted By: garman6

Re: Big Oaks primitive - 10/27/2015 12:01 PM

I'm supposed to be in there on the 1st but I just scored Workd Series tickets. I'm heading to New York
Posted By: thunderhead30

Re: Big Oaks primitive - 10/27/2015 02:35 PM

I was there this past weekend and hunted both Saturday and Sunday. Had one doe come in on Saturday afternoon after sitting in the rain for hours. Never presented a clean shot opportunity. Sunday better conditions but fairly windy with zero deer sightings. Only saw one deer while driving to and from our spot all weekend. My partner had similar issues with only one deer (small buck) being spotted and no shot opportunity. Certainly a tough hunt with a bow unless you have a honey hole.
Posted By: gpd005

Re: Big Oaks primitive - 10/28/2015 02:13 PM

I was in there for the muzzy hunt and took a nice doe on Saturday morning and my partner took a small button buck that evening. We saw a couple more deer but didn't hear many shots. That place is awesome to hunt but you have to go into it with the right mind set. It isn't going to be like shooting fish in a barrel, they live a different life inside those fences. You don't have fence lines to hunt and the food source is constantly changing. Regardless i'll take any chance I get to hunt there, you never know what might walk by! And Brew was spot on with the 20% rating
Posted By: animalhouse

Re: Big Oaks primitive - 11/02/2015 10:22 AM

Any updates/total harvest from yesterday's hunt?
Posted By: Parrot Head

Re: Big Oaks primitive - 11/02/2015 10:39 AM

Someone said 46 killed on Woodys site.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting