Home

The next generation of deer trackers

Posted By: buckwheat

The next generation of deer trackers - 10/11/2014 04:04 PM

Went out this morning to hunt next to a few oaks that were dropping acorns pretty heavily. My daughter Avery wanted to take a break until the hunting was really good, so I guess its time for dad to sit in a tree by himself. As soon as it was getting light a doe came in and started going "nuts" on the acorns. Sounded like a vacuum cleaner laugh Any way, 15 yards......right behind the shoulder with a G5 Montec. I heard her pile up so I went back home to enlist some tracking help. My nephew Garret had spent the night, so perfect more help. I get everyone bundled up and we are off tracking. We were about 60 yards from were I shot the doe & figured I would take a peek in the tall weeds to see if I saw a White belly....sure enough she was there. Kept a straight face and proceeded to find the first sign of blood. "Found some", that's what my youngest boy Eli said.......the excitement was amping up. Avery, Eli, and Garret were all focused in on finding the next spot of blood. "more blood dad" Eli was on it...Garret & Avery take off ahead. I had to slow them down & make sure it wasn't a race to find this deer, but we need to take our time & find exactly were she was going.......Good thing was I already knew. We get to the trail near the tall grass and I tell Eli he needs to head that way & see if he sees any blood..."Dad I don't think she went this way". I almost couldn't keep a straight face. I told him to look a little further then..........."Dad I found him, I found him".....I wish I was 5 all over again. Thanks again to my Nephew Garret, my daughter Avery and my soon to be 5 year old Eli....Hopefully DP can help out with a pic soon. Garret is on the right, then Eli, then my deer hunting/turkey calling/smallmouth catching daughter Avery
Posted By: KayakHntr

Re: The next generation of deer trackers - 10/11/2014 04:42 PM

Congrats! Sounds like a good day
Posted By: nickgsp2

Re: The next generation of deer trackers - 10/11/2014 05:16 PM

Very cool story congrats and way to get the little ones in it
Posted By: DawnPatrol

Re: The next generation of deer trackers - 10/11/2014 05:35 PM

Congrats
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bean

Re: The next generation of deer trackers - 10/11/2014 07:31 PM

Very cool thing to do. Fun stuff!!
Posted By: Bucks n Ducks

Re: The next generation of deer trackers - 10/11/2014 08:23 PM

Sounds familiar! In my case I can't see it very well so I needed them! Congrats and great story!
Posted By: Cornfed

Re: The next generation of deer trackers - 10/11/2014 11:03 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: BowBo

Re: The next generation of deer trackers - 10/12/2014 09:13 AM

Congrats on the good doe!
I like how you shared the experience with the young ones!
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: The next generation of deer trackers - 10/12/2014 09:25 AM

Now THAT'S how it's done! Congrats! cool
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting