Home

Chem lights

Posted By: walkersimonis

Chem lights - 01/14/2021 08:16 AM

If you've never used chem lights to mark a deer you've shot in the late evening, I highly recommend you do. I used to just throw an orange vest over deer i needed to go back and drag out after dark, but once the sun goes completely down, an orange vest is near invisible, even when searching for it with a flashlight. A couple of chem lights hung in the trees around your kill, along with a orange vest to keep the Coyotes at bay, will allow you to go get your sxs or grandkids to drag it out and easily find it as you snake through the thickets in pitch black.
Posted By: Jeffro

Re: Chem lights - 01/18/2021 09:30 PM

I like this idea
Posted By: deerhunter986

Re: Chem lights - 01/18/2021 09:45 PM

I’ll say it. Unless out west or a place you don’t know maybe? If you can’t find a deer you shot then you are lost anyway. With all these hunting apps now just put a pin on the gps
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Chem lights - 01/29/2021 01:40 AM

two seasons back, I shot a large 8 pt/200+lb and it went down back in a marshy area, quite aways back in from the wood line and trails... I used the busted end of the arrow with the lighted nock up on a cottonwood to mark where I field dressed him before I went to get the cart ... even with a compass it was easy to get turned around somewhat, and I had hunted that location for some years ... I like the chem lite idea, I'll get a few green ones and keep in my fanny pack, just in case ..
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting