Home

WOW !! .. 2019 Bonus Antlerless counties ...

Posted By: Jeff Valovich

WOW !! .. 2019 Bonus Antlerless counties ... - 08/02/2019 01:33 AM

huge reduction in bonus deer and counties involved ....there is no longer a county with a 8 bonus number !! .... 10 counties with a bonus of 1 .... 57 counties with a 2 bonus (if I counted correctly) ... 8 with a 3 bonus...... 19 with a 4 bonus and those are all south of Indy ..... 3 with a 'A' designation..... say goodbye to the darn kill all the antlerless gun season north of Indianapolis !! ... it is about time the DNR cut back on the antlerless slaughter ... http://www.eregulations.com/indiana/hunting/bonus-antlerless-deer/
Posted By: ParkerBow

Re: WOW !! .. 2019 Bonus Antlerless counties ... - 08/02/2019 07:03 PM

I agree, but what about the counties down here in the south where they are still a bunch of 4 bonus counties that have mostly public land that gets pounded daily during gun season. They should not be more than a 2 bonus either.

Re: WOW !! .. 2019 Bonus Antlerless counties ... - 08/02/2019 09:19 PM

maybe next season ?? .... ^^ .... the habitat is much better down there to hold higher deer numbers aint it ?? ... a lot more public land there too than up here ..
Posted By: BREW...

Re: WOW !! .. 2019 Bonus Antlerless counties ... - 08/03/2019 10:56 AM

Most don't kill more then 2-3 deer a year and that can still be done without a bouns tag!

bonus numbers impact VERY few hunters truly...as take 2017 as an example: more than 97% of the deer harvested were by hunters taking only 3 or fewer (1,2) deer. Less than 3% of the harvested deer were for hunters at 4 deer or more.

Re: WOW !! .. 2019 Bonus Antlerless counties ... - 08/04/2019 06:15 PM

always the negative Nancy ... smh .... I guess the 30-16 thousand bonus deer killed is nothing ('12-'17)..... luckily the numbers have been dropping thru recent years as the tags have been cut back and deer numbers have dropped and some hunters wised up to the over kill ... hopefully the kill numbers will continue to drop and hunters continue to pass on antlerless to take only what they need ....
Posted By: sticksender

Re: WOW !! .. 2019 Bonus Antlerless counties ... - 08/05/2019 12:38 PM

Would be great if we could see the details of the process and criteria for making the decisions on a county-by-county basis.

My opinion doesn't really matter, but in general I don't believe we need the late antlerless season at all. Reason being we already have more than plenty enough regular season length during which does can be taken.....32 days of firearm and 90+ days of crossbow and archery.
Posted By: ParkerBow

Re: WOW !! .. 2019 Bonus Antlerless counties ... - 08/05/2019 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by sticksender
Would be great if we could see the details of the process and criteria for making the decisions on a county-by-county basis.

My opinion doesn't really matter, but in general I don't believe we need the late antlerless season at all. Reason being we already have more than plenty enough regular season length during which does can be taken.....32 days of firearm and 90+ days of crossbow and archery.

This ^^^^^ Agree, we don't need the late anterless season in any county. We have plenty of opportunity with all kinds of weapons, give the deer a break from the pressure.
Posted By: DEC

Re: WOW !! .. 2019 Bonus Antlerless counties ... - 08/07/2019 03:16 PM

Love it!
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: WOW !! .. 2019 Bonus Antlerless counties ... - 08/08/2019 04:46 PM

good changes
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: WOW !! .. 2019 Bonus Antlerless counties ... - 08/08/2019 04:47 PM

Truth!

Originally Posted by BREW...
Most don't kill more then 2-3 deer a year and that can still be done without a bouns tag!

bonus numbers impact VERY few hunters truly...as take 2017 as an example: more than 97% of the deer harvested were by hunters taking only 3 or fewer (1,2) deer. Less than 3% of the harvested deer were for hunters at 4 deer or more.

Re: WOW !! .. 2019 Bonus Antlerless counties ... - 08/08/2019 05:20 PM

Dosnt matter ^^ ... a high bonus number gives the impression of an over abundance of deer in those counties .... every one I know thinks the dropping of the bonus numbers is a good thing ..... since all I do is bow hunt, and do it on state land, Bonus tags no longer mean squat to me, but that dosnt mean I still dont think dropping is a good thing... it for sure is !! .. yes, I'll take my one or two deer with my bow and call it quits and go hunt something else .....now, when I leased, we used bonus tags and I was one who did kill multiple Does a season back then, and did so for quite a few years .. then I wised up and stopped the process as many I know did the same as deer numbers nose dived around here .... the deer numbers are still low in Porter County ....the urban/reduction tags see to that ..... does it effect me, yes and no, as I hunt only one small state area that is a draw and has limited days, many surrounding land owners have wised up and will not allow bonus tags or Does to be killed and if so, only during the youth season for a youngster ... and THAT is a good thing !!
Posted By: Bryan78

Re: WOW !! .. 2019 Bonus Antlerless counties ... - 08/17/2019 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by sticksender

This is what I found.

https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files/fw-review_deer_management_plan_2012-16.pdf
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting