Home

Southwest Indiana Leasing Question

Posted By: jkelley1487

Southwest Indiana Leasing Question - 07/15/2014 11:42 PM

Hey All,

I'm not sure if it's okay to post this here but if someone could tell me where to go on the site, I would appreciate it. I'm a young guy who is looking to lease something small in southwestern Indiana. Ideally, in the price range of $300-$400, 10-30 acres. I would be willing to go in with others on a lease if they needed a responsible hunter. I'm in the office during the week so this would ideally for the weekends. If you have any questions or advice, please feel free to email me at jkelley1487@gmail.com ...Thanks everyone.
Posted By: Steiny

Re: Southwest Indiana Leasing Question - 07/16/2014 07:10 AM

Basecamp Leasing or The Hunting Lease Network, both have websites with leases listed. I have leased form both with no complaints.

At that kind of price range you will need to get a few buddies to kick in and split something. The downside of that is several guys hunting a small property could negatively impact the hunting quality.
Posted By: delaney

Re: Southwest Indiana Leasing Question - 07/16/2014 07:55 AM

I'd really encourage you to take an ad in one of the local newspapers in the counties you'd like to focus on and see what you could come up with. Or, for the acreage your looking for, I'd knock on a few doors and I'd think you could find something.
Posted By: jkelley1487

Re: Southwest Indiana Leasing Question - 07/16/2014 10:29 AM

Good points... I have a few small private properties but it never hurts to keep expanding and gaining more land to hunt. Thanks guys.
Posted By: gundude

Re: Southwest Indiana Leasing Question - 07/16/2014 11:56 AM

See a farmer by a barn and give him a hand..just give him a hand.. Don't mention hunting. Develope a freindship.8 out of 10 times this works. If the answer is no be respectful of it and wait a few months to stop by just to say hello..it works sometimes... Sell yourself before asking.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting