Home

Deer hunts are back at Eagle Creek Park

Posted By: BREW...

Deer hunts are back at Eagle Creek Park - 12/21/2018 01:36 AM

As many as 100 deer likely to be harvested in planned Eagle Creek deer hunt.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...lanned-eagle-creek-park-2019/2338590002/
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Deer hunts are back at Eagle Creek Park - 12/21/2018 03:35 AM

why the heck do they call it a hunt ??, ...they are using sharpshooters over bait piles of corn ... ala Tony Dinicola/White Buffalo style, the park is using sharpshooters from the USDA, not "hunters" ..
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Deer hunts are back at Eagle Creek Park - 12/21/2018 04:55 PM

The city pays $90,000 for a three-year contract with USDA to do the hunts.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Deer hunts are back at Eagle Creek Park - 12/21/2018 04:56 PM

The DNR ha to approve the hunt though..."The park's permit for the deer hunt is awaiting approval from the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, which they expect and hope to hear back from soon. "
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Deer hunts are back at Eagle Creek Park - 12/22/2018 01:34 AM

to do the "cull" ........ yes, the DNR has to ok the use of bait ... same as they did up here for Dinicola in Dunes Acres and Beverly Shores before I got us bowhunters in Dunes Acres ... Dunes acres also applied for Special permits to bait and continue the reduction after the regular urban season ended ... we went into February ..... I guess "hunt" does sound better than "cull" ... but that wont matter to the anti's .. ... it still should be done by qualified local "hunters" IMO ...
Posted By: John Scifres

Re: Deer hunts are back at Eagle Creek Park - 12/22/2018 01:47 PM

I sure wish they would be open to bow hunts but they seem to shut that down quick. I work less than 5 miles from the entrance and drive by it twice a day. I know the park really well too. They have hunts at Ft. Ben and it is considered safe. Maybe I'll start working on them after I semi-retire some day smile Of course then I won't be driving by it twice a day.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting