Home

Finally caught up with Sassy in Indiana

Posted By: Scarlet Dew

Finally caught up with Sassy in Indiana - 11/28/2018 06:04 PM

Thought I'd share how the season of 2018 has been going so far up here........

Most know I head to Ohio each year, but with my Dad having a heart attack a few days before my hunting vacation........ focus was more on Dad than hunting in Ohio this year. With that going on, focus on Indiana became the priority. One of the bucks on my radar was 7.5 year old known to me as Sassy. Very unique looking buck......very mature......and very hard to get to him due to the location he liked to hang out at. Just could not get within 300 yards of the little woodlot he called home for years. So..... this year I brought a new Bergara 6.5 Creedmoor home. After some quick sighting in....... I took it out the next day and had Sassy coming out to check some does. Ranged him at 328 yards and took the safety off. Guys.........when that 6.5 connected....... I could see the shock wave permeate his entire front half of his body through the scope. Never had shot one with an HPR before.......but my Lord!!!

He somehow composed himself to run another 80 yards to the woodlot........and collapsed........ it was a bitter sweet walk up to him knowing I'd not see him tempting me anymore in that little section as he'd done for years up here.

So here he is........ Sassy........... 13 point freak of a monster........ foot long brows.......... 191 pounds field dressed.......... not gonna catch the internet on fire with rack score till after 60 days of drying.

Hope all is going well for those that visit this site.......

Tim

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: sticksender

Re: Finally caught up with Sassy in Indiana - 11/28/2018 11:43 PM

Great character in that rack. Congrats!
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Finally caught up with Sassy in Indiana - 11/29/2018 03:51 AM

nice brows ~!!
Posted By: DEC

Re: Finally caught up with Sassy in Indiana - 11/29/2018 12:59 PM

Another great deer Tim. Congrats.
Posted By: Haymaker

Re: Finally caught up with Sassy in Indiana - 11/29/2018 01:17 PM

That's a brute, congrats!
Posted By: fox

Re: Finally caught up with Sassy in Indiana - 12/01/2018 12:30 AM

awesome buck!!!!!
Posted By: nickgsp2

Re: Finally caught up with Sassy in Indiana - 12/01/2018 02:19 AM

Unreal congrats on another awesome whitetail I dont know how you do it but I love it
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Finally caught up with Sassy in Indiana - 12/01/2018 01:14 PM

Awesome buck!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting