Home

Lainey's Last Youth Season

Posted By: John Scifres

Lainey's Last Youth Season - 09/29/2018 07:22 PM

Lainey has had a bit of a dry spell since killing her first deer in 2011, a nice 8 point buck. She was 10 then and in her first season. She hunted her last youth season today and at 8:10 a young buck walks right under our tree and busts her getting set up to shoot but stops to a mouth bleat 30 yards away broadside. Laine made good on his hesitation and double-lunged him. He did the classic mule kick and we heard him crash less than 100 yards away. I really am glad she has grown up to be such an awesome person but since she will be gone to school next year, I'm not sure how much more of this we have for a while. Bittersweet to say the least.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iB6kOirX3LswkWlQVEdmg8UJwaM4N_WpDg/view?usp=sharing
Posted By: nickgsp2

Re: Lainey's Last Youth Season - 09/30/2018 12:47 AM

Awesome congrats
Posted By: DEC

Re: Lainey's Last Youth Season - 10/01/2018 12:05 PM

Awesome job, congrats!

This was the last youth season for my youngest as well. It is bittersweet to say the least. It was pretty uneventful, since she bow hunts anyway and we just roll into regular bow season. She knows there is better hunting to be had in about four weeks but it was still kind of a bummer that it is over.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Lainey's Last Youth Season - 10/02/2018 11:31 AM

Awesome. Had some fun this past weekend with my sons. Lots of deer movement with the lower morning temps (mid 40's) and a couple of close encounters.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting