Home

Head lamp

Posted By: bean

Head lamp - 09/19/2018 12:17 PM

Your go to head lamp while deer hunting. I usually go in without but feel I need one this year for hang n hunt sets.

Thanks.
Posted By: Magnum hunter

Re: Head lamp - 09/19/2018 12:27 PM

I know of a good one that we've used for coyote hunting and bow fishing. I'll ask the boys what brand it is. Very good one.
Posted By: arlowe13

Re: Head lamp - 09/19/2018 02:36 PM

I use this one. Has about every light mode you could want. Focusing spotlight w/ boost mode. Flood light. Red light. When using the spotlight, it has an auto-dimming feature that dims the light when you look down at your phone/pack/whatever so you're not blinded. I think i'm on year 3 of the same set of batteries, too. Pricey, but it's perfect for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bushnell-Rubicon-Lighting-H250L-AD-Headlamp-250-Lumens-Head-Torch-Auto-Dim-NEW/292692586806?epid=1061137380&hash=item4425d67136:g:SOMAAOSw0exaAZpN
Posted By: DEC

Re: Head lamp - 09/19/2018 02:56 PM

I carry a small green led flash light if I need any larger light source. I have been hunting the same farms now for 24 years and 10 years respectively, so there really isn't any step that I make in the pitch black that I don't know like the back of my hand. So generally there is no light on when I walk in the dark.

As to a head lamp, I always have a green led that clips onto the bill of my ball cap. I simply use it for when I need just a little bit of light in the dark (setting up my camera gear, getting situated in the stand, etc.) The one that I really have grown to like and have been using for a number of years now is the Cyclops Micro Hat Clip with 5 green led bulbs. It is tiny and inexpensive. I buy it on Amazon for like $8 or so. I just buy a new one every year and now have a pile of them as spares. They seem to last forever and I have one on most every hunting hat that I wear, so I am never miss placing them.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Head lamp - 09/19/2018 04:10 PM

I love this one. Super low on the lowest setting and as bright as you need it for blood trailing.

Battery seems to last forever between charges too and its small and lightweight.

https://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/hc30
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Head lamp - 09/19/2018 11:18 PM

I use a Petzl/high & low with a red beam 240 lumen for hunting/tracking/hanging the stand (use the red a lot when at the tree) and have a Coast 170 lumen as a back up, this has a on/off switch lock so it dosnt turn on accidentally in the fanny pack pocket... I use AAA Energizer Lithiums in both for batteries ....
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Head lamp - 09/20/2018 10:15 PM

Consensus seems to be lots of good options... LOL
Posted By: Jeffro

Re: Head lamp - 09/21/2018 12:11 AM

Streamlight Green Trident
Others see the green light very well, it does not blind you, plus it does not spook deer.
https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/trident-headlamp-green-model
Posted By: bean

Re: Head lamp - 09/21/2018 04:16 PM

Thanks for the input gentlemen.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting