Home

Early Season (Deer Reduction Zone) Map

Posted By: Stinger

Early Season (Deer Reduction Zone) Map - 08/29/2018 04:54 PM

Not sure if someone posted this interactive map, but this is way better than following the ridiculous bullet points provided by the DNR.

Lake County used to be limited to North of Route 30, but this goes pretty darn far south now. Actually hits into some of my old hunting ground of mine.

http://indnr.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=968b21eecbb742fabae9f8cf8323543e
Posted By: DEC

Re: Early Season (Deer Reduction Zone) Map - 08/30/2018 12:06 PM

I have a property included in the I-69 reduction zone. I will wack the first slick head that walks by simply so I can start buck hunting. I will often take one doe per year anyway. I won't play into the State's War On Does program though.

I find the interesting part to be that where my property is located there are no weapon restrictions meaning that I could hunt from November 17 through January 31 with a rifle if I choose to ... I find this a bit crazy. But then again, I have no intention of shooting any more does than the one required. I guess if I still am searching for that 2nd buck that late in the year then I can sit back at 200 yards and practice my sharp shooting on an old boy. It feels a bit dirty, but sometimes the cards dictate how you play the game.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting