Home

Wet and Windy

Posted By: Ruger Man

Wet and Windy - 11/13/2013 08:41 AM

The weather guessers have predicted a wet Sunday on day 2 of firearms. Anybody had any luck hunting deer in all day rains? How does it affect the deer?
Posted By: Hoosier Hunter

Re: Wet and Windy - 11/13/2013 08:51 AM

They still move in the rain especially when pressured like on opening weekend. I'm just seeing a 20% chance for Sunday.
Posted By: Mossy84

Re: Wet and Windy - 11/13/2013 10:04 AM

I have killed in the rain Two or three times. I dont mind a little rain, but a down pour has me headed to a blind. Like Hoosier Hunter said, the pressure on the deer during opening weekend, or any weekend during firearm season will have them up and moving all day.
Posted By: Bryan78

Re: Wet and Windy - 11/13/2013 04:25 PM

Deer don't smell as good in the rain and everything will be quieter when you are walking... Can be a huge advantage....
Posted By: daworz

Re: Wet and Windy - 11/13/2013 04:56 PM

That's Why they make rain gear, I do not mind hunting in the Rain, I have Gortex rain gear, and it works well, Deer move very well in rain, I have killed some of my better bucks in Rain, But I would prefer to Hunt without Rain.
Posted By: Hanes

Re: Wet and Windy - 11/13/2013 04:56 PM

I used to biw hunt in the rain and had good movement. It could be a blizzard on opening weekend of gun and a lot of deer will still be moving.
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: Wet and Windy - 11/13/2013 06:53 PM

To many days to hunt for me to hunt in the rain unless its opening weekend of gun season. I have Walls waterproof bibs and jacket that keep most of the water off plus its super warm. All that said I still dont like to hunt in the rain. h.h.
Posted By: fullrut

Re: Wet and Windy - 11/13/2013 09:17 PM

I love hunting in the rain. Always see alot of deer on wet and dreary days.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting