Home

ACT NOW

Posted By: trapperDave

ACT NOW - 01/12/2013 03:28 PM

It doesnt get any easier, takes under a minute. A letter will be sent to all your reps plus the pres and vice pres about your stance on "gun control" act now

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/
Posted By: Bryan78

Re: ACT NOW - 01/12/2013 05:13 PM

Done.... But the only problem is that Sen. Donnelly has no way of being contacted.
Posted By: maddogmech

Re: ACT NOW - 01/12/2013 06:48 PM

Thanks for the link TD. Done !!!
Posted By: Gilley

Re: ACT NOW - 01/12/2013 07:31 PM

Done
Posted By: Jeffro

Re: ACT NOW - 01/12/2013 08:51 PM

Here is an e-mail reply from Congressman Visclosky (D-IN 1st District) to one of my friends from an e-mail appeal. Think about this the next time you vote. To his credit, at least you know where he stands.

"Thank you for contacting me to express your views regarding gun control discussions in the aftermath of the recent shooting in Connecticut. I appreciate hearing from you.

I share your concerns. I was shocked and heartbroken to learn of the horrific shooting that occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the victims of these attacks and their families for their unfathomable loss. As this marks the seventh mass shooting in the United States in 2012 alone, I firmly believe that Congress must take decisive action to prevent such senseless tragedies from happening again.

While I support the possession of legal firearms by responsible law abiding citizens, I am opposed to the availability of military assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices, which pose serious threats to public safety and the law enforcement officers who risk their lives protecting us. I believe that there are certain actions we can take to ensure that adequate safety protections exist to reduce the overall level of violence in this country, which in no way means that people shouldn't continue to enjoy their second amendment rights.

That is why, in the 103rd Congress, I supported the assault weapons ban, which prohibited the manufacture, transfer, or possession of semiautomatic assault weapons, including those with a large capacity ammunition feeding device. I deeply regret that President Bush allowed this ban to expire in 2004. Also in the 103rd Congress, I supported passage of the Brady Act, currently known as the national instant criminal background check system, which requires background checks for all firearm transfers and purchases.

You may be interested to know that Rep. Carolyn McCarthy has introduced H.R. 138, the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act, which would reinstate the ban on semiautomatic weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Specifically, the measure would prohibit the transfer or possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device, except for its lawful possession within the United States on or before the date of this act's enactment, and by law enforcement officers. The measure also would prohibit the importation of such a device, and would require large capacity ammunition feeding devices to be identified by a serial numbers.

H.R. 138 was referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary, where it is currently pending consideration. The measure has one cosponsor, and a companion measure has not been introduced in the Senate.

As the nation continues to make sense of the tragedy at Sandy Hook, I hope that our country will have a serious and thoughtful discussion to ensure that we find a proper balance between Americans' right to own guns and the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Thank you again for contacting me. Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Peter J. Visclosky
Member of Congress"
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: ACT NOW - 01/13/2013 01:58 AM

Done
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: ACT NOW - 01/13/2013 02:02 AM

BTW...Visclosky is liberal Democrat....he toes the Democrat line and almost never votes against his party ......
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: ACT NOW - 01/13/2013 07:08 AM

Jim Lucas is the Man Down here
check out his FB site he is one of Jefferson County,s Rep,s
Posted By: Surveyor4

Re: ACT NOW - 01/13/2013 12:17 PM

Done!
Posted By: refuge hunter

Re: ACT NOW - 01/13/2013 01:04 PM

Done
Posted By: Shelby County Hunter

Re: ACT NOW - 01/13/2013 03:48 PM

Done
Posted By: DFA

Re: ACT NOW - 01/13/2013 04:47 PM

What!?! A democrat wants our guns. You morons that voted for Obama are about to get what you deserve as it relates to gun control....

Don't expect me to reply to you guys tellin me how awesome he is and how he's for the little guy etc bla bla bla
Posted By: nickgsp2

Re: ACT NOW - 01/14/2013 09:53 PM

Done thanks
Posted By: skeeterowner

Re: ACT NOW - 01/18/2013 10:04 PM

Such a super controversial subject. You really can't say anything right. One sentence will be strung out by so many different opinions. Example you mentioned laws dropped under Bush administration. Well it wasn't under Bushes watch! That one sentence has potential for 5 page debate. The Mentality of these people that are committing the selfless crimes or the nature they have been raised seems to be the issue. Another 5 page debate. The addicts will always find a fix. The disturbed will seem to find weapons of mass mauling. We gave pilot licenses to terrorists. Another debate. There is a cure I hope because I don't want my family or your kids to have to see these things on tv or at worst experience an activity. Maybe instead of banning all guns we ban the news that informs the kid sittin at home by him or herself no direction other than what they see. Ban the TV. Have a background check to buy one can you mentally handle what you are about to see? I can guarantee someone sitting in a courthouse trying to figure out how to get re elected isn't gonna do it. It's gonna have to come from responsible individuals and family's. Some how some way I pray!
Posted By: Dan Reeves

Re: ACT NOW - 01/19/2013 07:59 PM

Do it here also:

NRA-ILA
Posted By: skeeterowner

Re: ACT NOW - 01/20/2013 03:41 PM

Mine is done. Before I went all Nugent. Sorry Just venting. Antis are irritating. Suppose it don't help there were 3 shootings this weekend at gun shows. One here at Indy 1500 guy shot himself in hand. C'mon man
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting