Home

funny story from this evenings hunt

Posted By: psearchery

funny story from this evenings hunt - 10/15/2013 10:25 PM

so i go out this evening to hunt from my blind. i walked in the woods and there lays a doe bedded twenty yards from my blind. and of course i dont have a arrow nocked yet so down to my knees i went and the stair down began. after a few minutes i got busted and she took off. then i get settled in the blind arrow nocked and ready to go. at sixi hear something coming towards me from behind. i no sooner get turned around and her comes ayearling running smack dab into the side of the blind. after checking my drawers i just laughed. needless to say it was a good evening to be in the woods.
Posted By: Yaz

Re: funny story from this evenings hunt - 10/16/2013 08:43 AM

Some of the best hunts don't even involve killing a deer!
Posted By: gundude

Re: funny story from this evenings hunt - 10/16/2013 10:36 AM

Originally posted by Yaz:
Well said!!
Posted By: gundude

Re: funny story from this evenings hunt - 10/16/2013 10:37 AM

Well said!!
Posted By: Hanes

Re: funny story from this evenings hunt - 10/16/2013 10:44 AM

Yep, most don't include shooting something. Well put Yaz.
Posted By: skeeterowner

Re: funny story from this evenings hunt - 10/16/2013 11:30 AM

Agree and that's some good camo!

Re: funny story from this evenings hunt - 10/16/2013 11:48 AM

the worst part is its not blended in at all so i dont get it. only thing i can think.is that it spooked her and she didnt know what to do.

Re: funny story from this evenings hunt - 10/16/2013 05:30 PM

Lol. I was hoping you had the new blend of Realtree. I bet that did scare the water out of ya. Glad it wasn't a Dick the Bruiser buck crashing his rack thru there! At least it can be laughed at now. Some of the best moments come without a kill like others mentioned. Watching squirrel fall out of tree! One of mine. Hunting public ground and waiting til there under ur stand before yellin HEY. Priceless look!

Re: funny story from this evenings hunt - 10/16/2013 05:40 PM

yeah you gotta watch those fallin squirrels. have seen that a few times this year. and yeah the first thing i thought was my blind is going to get wrecked and im going to get jabbed by a bruiser buck. it will be a moment i will never forget

Re: funny story from this evenings hunt - 10/16/2013 07:47 PM

I bet good stuff tho. Have a good and safe season

Re: funny story from this evenings hunt - 10/16/2013 09:49 PM

On the public land I was talking bout the hunters walkin under ya. When ur sittin up there in ur climber and u watch and hear em sneakin up on something and you yell HEY just lettin ya know I was up here. Usually around 10-11am. Good times
Posted By: Felix

Re: funny story from this evenings hunt - 10/18/2013 04:09 PM

© 2024 Hoosier Hunting