Home

Has anyone found any sheds yet?

Posted By: Shelby Hunter

Has anyone found any sheds yet? - 01/04/2013 04:03 PM

I know most of us still have plenty of snow on the ground but with warmer weather moving in next week I was wondering if anyone's found any sheds yet?
Posted By: solohunter

Re: Has anyone found any sheds yet? - 01/04/2013 04:32 PM

Was told today that last night a hunter watched a buck bend down into a "shed trough" and when he raised his head both antlers were gone, so he went and got them later. The bucks I have seen on my property are still carrying headgear.
Posted By: BUCKMASTER16

Re: Has anyone found any sheds yet? - 01/04/2013 05:46 PM

I would think it's still a little early, I haven't seen any with missing antlers yet. But some start dropping way before others.
I always suck at finding sheds.
Posted By: fullrut

Re: Has anyone found any sheds yet? - 01/04/2013 06:44 PM

Got several half racks on some of my properties. A little early but its is definitely a possibility.
Posted By: solohunter

Re: Has anyone found any sheds yet? - 01/04/2013 07:00 PM

Originally posted by BUCKMASTER16:
I would think it's still a little early, I haven't seen any with missing antlers yet. But some start dropping way before others.
I always suck at finding sheds.
Why for?
Posted By: BUCKMASTER16

Re: Has anyone found any sheds yet? - 01/04/2013 08:17 PM

due to the distance between the place I live and the location that I am allowed to hunt, I am often too late. And I don't have time to walk the woods as much as I would like to..
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Has anyone found any sheds yet? - 01/05/2013 01:43 AM

I have a trail cam pick of a small buck already shed....he looks worn out and thin....maybe that is what led to him dropping already......also got a pic of a buck breeding a Doe on Dec. 25th.....I took my cams in today and am done for the year...I'll start chainsawing/hinge cutting more trees shortly and taking Stands down.......we have little to no snow up here....who'd a thunk that by Jan. 5th southern Indiana would have more snow that we do up here along the big lake ?? I'll start shed hunting 'very shortly.....some of my best finds have been in early Feb....I have some beaver trapping to do first...

Re: Has anyone found any sheds yet? - 01/05/2013 09:21 AM

There have been a couple members on my site that have found sheds already.
Posted By: Shelby Hunter

Re: Has anyone found any sheds yet? - 01/05/2013 02:51 PM

Thanks for the info...I'm planning to start looking next weekend!
Posted By: Shelby County Hunter

Re: Has anyone found any sheds yet? - 01/17/2013 10:25 PM

I PULLED THE CARDS ON MY CAMERAS TODAY AND HAD SEVERAL HALF RACKS

Re: Has anyone found any sheds yet? - 01/17/2013 10:28 PM

Neighbor found a small one today next to one of my leases.
Posted By: Indyrusty

Re: Has anyone found any sheds yet? - 01/18/2013 08:01 AM

I killed an anterless buck on the second to the last day of muzzleloader season
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Has anyone found any sheds yet? - 01/18/2013 12:14 PM

After checking beaver traps on Wed....I did a 2 hour walk about and found nothing, not as much deer sign as in past years either.......usually I start seeing sheds beginning in Feb....
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting