Home

Bobcats!

Posted By: Putnam

Bobcats! - 02/13/2018 11:30 AM

Anyone else alarmed by the amount of bobcats we are starting to see in Indiana? I get pics almost every time I pull cards now and so does everyone I know running trail cams.

FYI - Back in 2007 I got a pic of a bobcat in Putnam County. I called the IN DNR to report it. When I called in the lady that answered said she would transfer me to the person in charge of the "Bobcat Project". I asked "what is the Bobcat Project"? She said, "oh, I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to say". What??!!

Is it possible that the DNR reintroduced bobcats to cut down on our deer population?

I have already noticed a drastic reduction in turkeys and I'm sure deer are not far behind. There are definitely less than there used to be.

Why the secrecy?

Got this pic earlier this week...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Bobcats! - 02/13/2018 06:19 PM

and the moon is made of green cheese ... smh ... the DNR didnt bring 'cats back to prey on deer ...where the **** do you guys come up with this stuff

just be glade they aint wolves ... 'yotes are enough of a problem ... and no, the DNR didnt bring 'yotes back either... they ahve always been around
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Bobcats! - 02/16/2018 02:09 PM

Hunting and trapping season likely coming next year. I get them on cam all the time too.
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Bobcats! - 02/18/2018 04:32 PM

cool critters ....
Posted By: sticksender

Re: Bobcats! - 02/18/2018 07:03 PM

We were getting a few trail pics of them for a while, but nothing for the last 3-4 years. Don't know why, but we do have soooooo many coyotes, and maybe they're displacing them.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Bobcats! - 02/19/2018 01:44 PM

really? That surprises me. I am getting them all the time in Montgomery county. I figured they moved up north from Parke/Vigo area.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting