Home

But the deer hunting is good.......

Posted By: Scarlett Dew

But the deer hunting is good....... - 02/12/2018 08:28 PM

MSNBC just came out with a list of the worst counties to live in within every state...... The deer hunting is great in Switzerland County.... but to live there? Here is what they posted.....just found it interesting on what some see as a county with great "natural resources"... sometimes really struggle with other features of life. Was kinda sad to find this.

Switzerland County, Indiana

> 5-yr. population change: 0.0%
> Nov. unemployment rate: 3.8%
> Poverty rate: 21.5%
> Life expectancy at birth: 76.5 years

Better-educated populations are more likely to report high incomes and live longer, healthier lives. In Switzerland County, situated along the Ohio River between Cincinnati and Louisville, Kentucky, only 8.3% of the population has a bachelor’s degree. That is the lowest share for any county in Indiana.

Similar to other American counties with low educational attainment, financial hardship is relatively common in Switzerland County. The county is one of a handful in the state where more than 1 in 5 residents live in poverty. Poverty can greatly affect an individual’s ability to remain healthy, and a high poverty rate may partially explain a lower life expectancy. Life expectancy in Switzerland County is only 76.5 years, more than a year lower than the state’s average.
Posted By: deerhunter986

Re: But the deer hunting is good....... - 02/13/2018 05:40 PM

Who wants to live that long
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: But the deer hunting is good....... - 02/13/2018 06:15 PM

I do ...
Posted By: Bryan78

Re: But the deer hunting is good....... - 02/15/2018 05:46 PM

There is nothing to offer anyone in Switzerland County other than an escape from the cities.

There is no Interstate access nearby so you are literately driving out of your way to get there.

But I would take Switzerland County any day over many other counties especially in the northwestern part of this state.
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: But the deer hunting is good....... - 02/15/2018 09:41 PM

Agree !! ... I live in this godforsaken NW part .... it sucks for peace, quiet, riddled with crime and the deer are about gone ;0) ... but hey, we have the big puddle and the Nat. Lakeshore :0( ..... we make do with what we have
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: But the deer hunting is good....... - 02/16/2018 12:46 PM

Byran 71 only 12 miles away lol
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: But the deer hunting is good....... - 02/16/2018 02:22 PM

Very beautiful area and some great hunting. Not much for job opportunities though.
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: But the deer hunting is good....... - 02/17/2018 11:50 AM

The nothingness is the big draw for a lot of us 15 mile to town no big deal
When I retired after 30 year job and lifetime of city /country life near Pendleton I researched where the least amount of people was There was more people in Madison County where I lived than Switzerland,Jefferson,Ripley,,OhioAnd Dearborn counties COMBINED Population That was the big draw for me ‘tis is my Home now Madison county,Pendleton, and Guide Lamp is nothing but a bad dream a nightmare you might say ,Been here since 1999 to stay I’ll not move back like s few of my friends have
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting