Home

Anyone Muzzleloader Hunting?

Posted By: sticksender

Anyone Muzzleloader Hunting? - 12/17/2017 10:25 AM

I’ve been very surprised that I haven’t seen anyone deer hunting in smokepole season in my local area so far this year. Are any of you out there with your primitive rifles?
Posted By: nickgsp2

Re: Anyone Muzzleloader Hunting? - 12/17/2017 10:55 AM

Well I really haven't been, but my wife was sticking it out and she finally connected on her first ever buck it's a 5 point but her first and she has been at it since Oct so glad she finally was able to connect
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Anyone Muzzleloader Hunting? - 12/17/2017 12:37 PM

nope, still at it with the vertical bow ... heard 4 ML shots yesterday AM while I was out, I'm not seeing much at all.... I'll be glad when it is all over, time to chase bunnies and 'yotes ..... deer are still in the hide their dupa mode, where I'm at, if they show themselves with all the pressure, odds are they'll get whacked ....
Posted By: sticksender

Re: Anyone Muzzleloader Hunting? - 12/17/2017 03:10 PM

Originally posted by nickgsp2:
Well I really haven't been, but my wife was sticking it out and she finally connected on her first ever buck it's a 5 point but her first and she has been at it since Oct so glad she finally was able to connect
Congrats to your wife. Seems that would be worthy of getting her picture posted on the hoosierhunting forum wink
Posted By: John Scifres

Re: Anyone Muzzleloader Hunting? - 12/18/2017 06:34 AM

I have hunted several days in ML season. No shots. I might get out Saturday morning before the Christmas festivities begin but that's gonna be it.
Posted By: traditionalarcher17

Re: Anyone Muzzleloader Hunting? - 12/18/2017 06:38 AM

I also went a few days, been seeing plenty of deer just the wrong gender. Havent heard many shots either.
Posted By: DEC

Re: Anyone Muzzleloader Hunting? - 12/18/2017 11:01 AM

I've been out with the bow during ML season. Been seeing plenty of deer (except yesterday for some reason). Most deer as you would expect are gorging on food. As a bow hunter it is just a matter of not being quite close enough to where they come out to feed and them not feeding to me. But if I had a smoke pole most would be easy 75-100 yard shots.
Posted By: Stinger

Re: Anyone Muzzleloader Hunting? - 12/21/2017 05:37 PM

I was the 59th person at Willow Slough opening weekend of ML. That's a lot I think.

I'm going this weekend. Can't wait!!!
Posted By: maddogmech

Re: Anyone Muzzleloader Hunting? - 12/22/2017 06:05 AM

Still at it !
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: Anyone Muzzleloader Hunting? - 12/22/2017 06:43 AM

Ive got around 30+ deer staying on my property and eating all my food plots up before winter sets in so I did some doe management in ML season. Killed 3 doe in about 1 hr opening ML weekend. Didnt see a buck I wanted to kill so passed. 2 years in a row now that Ive not kill a buck. h.h.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting