Home

"Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio......

Posted By: Scarlett Dew

"Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/12/2017 08:34 PM

November 4th found me heading back to my stomping grounds in SE Ohio for the 11th year. I arrived on Saturday night, and checked my trail cams on the 4 farms I hunt in Ohio on Sunday the 5th. On Monday the 6th..... I hung a stand in one of my favorite locations at 1:30pm, and returned to my stand @ 3:45pm to settle in for my first hunt of the year in Ohio.

At 4:15pm a doe and yearling were being pushed around by a little buck and I decided to grunt and bleat to the buck and just goof around with him. I had CRP grassed all around me on the point I was on.... and I thought maybe something else would hear my calling too. The little buck didn't come........but kept looking out in the CRP grass..... so I looked to my left in the CRP grasses also......... and my heart about STOPPED!!!!

Coming straight to me was just tines......long tines..... a BUNCH of long tines ......and he was trotting through the CRP grass straight to me.

I grabbed my bow and thought...."you gotta be kiddin' me, not even an hour hunt"

The buck I named "Tiney" was now about 35 yards away and I started to draw my bow......and to my absolute HORROR, I could not get the bow back.

2 years ago I tore my tricep tendon off my elbow and had to have it reattached... I still don't have all my strength back......but practicing while warm is not too much of an issue..... but at the time I need my strength the most..... I can't get my bow back. So I try to pull it back again.....and to my FURTHER horror, I could not get it back as far as the first time.

My brain was an absolute hornets nest........ eek He now was just 12 yards from me and standing broadside in the brush...with a few shooting holes here and there. So........ I gritted my teeth and gave one big WWF yank with a grunt....... and POP.... I got it back. I about yelled outloud "YES!!"

......and to my horror again......... he heard that yank and my grunt to get that bow back....and was now looking straight up at me.

I had seconds....

I put the pin on him, found a 4 inch gap through the brush..... and found my mark. The arrow that left my bow killed a 175 inch buck and a 161 inch buck in Ohio in previous years....... and as it flew true again with my Slick Trick 85 doing its job. I anchored my largest buck to date yet.

Short tracking job....... and at the end of the trail laid "Tiney"......... all 186 1/8th inches of him. Main frame 10 point with 29 inch beams and 10 inch quads. Still thanking God for the moment he gave me. Might be my biggest buck ever......so you just savor the moments.

And for "Paul Harvey's 'The Rest of the Story'"...... the next day I went back and pulled the stand down, and took down the trail cam that was facing the scrape at the stand....... and low and behold...a trail cam pic.....there stood Tiney, at 3:07pm just a few minutes before I got to the stand on 11/6. He was still nearby...... and I called him out of his bed.

Thought you'd like to see him.

Good luck to all of you that are still out there hunting!!
Posted By: traditionalarcher17

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/12/2017 09:02 PM

Wow that's a HOG, congrats..
Posted By: sticksender

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/12/2017 10:41 PM

Congratulations on an absolute monster. That's the kind of buck we all dream about. Such a rare feat to take a Booner with a bow.
Posted By: jkissner

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/12/2017 10:57 PM

Congratulations. Beautiful deer.
Posted By: Jeffro

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/12/2017 11:28 PM

OH MY..... ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!!!!??!!!

That's a beaut, a real beast!!
Congratulations on the deer of a lifetime. At least I think it is cuz you said "might be" my biggest buck ever. Might???

Either way, congratulations, that's an awesome deer!
Posted By: BREW...

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/13/2017 05:26 AM

Beautiful.... now that's a Deer!
Posted By: johnc911

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/13/2017 07:55 AM

**** Love that trail cam picture.
Posted By: Magnum hunter

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/13/2017 09:24 AM

Amazing story, thanks for sharing! Good job
Posted By: DEC

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/13/2017 10:33 AM

Good night! Year in and year out.

Congrats Tim!
Posted By: SFC (R) B

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/13/2017 02:20 PM

Tough to beat that....EVER!! wink
Posted By: js2397

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/13/2017 03:08 PM

You're the man, not many that can get it done like you do. Proves that it can be done and the only thing stopping it is the hunter.
Posted By: Luke the Provider

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/13/2017 08:07 PM

dude! freaking awesome buck! great job
Posted By: APIbowhunter

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/13/2017 10:00 PM

Geez you definitely have this hunting big bucks thing down! Congrats on an awesome buck.
Posted By: trophyhunter

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/14/2017 08:30 AM

congrats, another awsome buck
Posted By: jarang1128

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/14/2017 07:59 PM

I start checking in about Halloween. Know a post from you is gonna happen, it’s just a matter of time. Very nice buck. Congrats.
Posted By: hulk8950

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/15/2017 02:36 PM

cool story..cooler buck! congrats
Posted By: Double B

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/16/2017 01:20 PM

Awesome buck Dew. That is a hoss!
Posted By: varmint101

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/16/2017 08:54 PM

Wow, that is an amazing whiteail Dew, congrats! Great shot too! I got to use a Slick Trick standard on a doe for the first time this year I was impressed!
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/18/2017 01:31 PM

Congrats on a great deer.... I'm a YUUUge Slick Trick fan, been using them before they became popular.. My favorite right now is a ViperTrick 100 gr with the Bleeders replaced with the GrizzTrick secondary blades... that makes it a 1 1/16" x 1 1/4" COC.... it cut a hole on that big Doe I killed a few weeks back you could put your fist thru ... congrats again ....
Posted By: Putnam

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/20/2017 01:16 PM

Wow!! Great buck!! I tried leasing in Oxford, OH a few years ago and it was a disaster. If you ever hear of some other leases available in OH or need assistance on any of your farms, please put me on the list! Would love to explore the possibility of hunting OH. Congratulations!!
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/20/2017 08:08 PM

Nice one. Hes got that chocolate flavored rack like big woods deer get. h.h.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 11/21/2017 09:18 PM

Nice. You sure have the formula for success worked out for Ohio!

Congrats! Slick tricks are great broadheads
Posted By: Scarlett Dew

Re: "Tiney" meets Mr.Slick Trick in Ohio...... - 12/03/2017 09:56 PM

Thanks for the kind words all. Will get him officially measured after 60 days drying.

Cooler weather coming for our Muzzy Season here in Indiana...... stay tuned... wink
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting