Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Big Game
10/17/2018 02:01 AM
Congrats to you both!!
Very nice animals, guys!
3 134 Read More
Big Game
10/17/2018 01:58 AM
I just got done reading the full picture story on bowsite......
Awesome pics Greg! And has to be an even better adventure/experience... congrats again bro!!!
7 111 Read More
The General Store
10/16/2018 05:56 PM
Will take $675 for it
1 322 Read More
Deer Hunting
10/16/2018 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by pav
I must say...coming from you....the insult was rather disappointing.

If I miss interpreted your post then I apologise. I am so sick of hunter vs hunter debates over weapons, seasons, labels, scores, deer ages, and about ever other issue that we as a group self destruct over these days.
28 1,069 Read More
The General Store
10/12/2018 07:48 PM
For sale is an original Lone Wolf Sit & Climb Treestand. This stand has never climbed a tree. Purchased for hunting special draw areas, but stopped applying.
Took the stand out of the package once just to get familiar with putting it on a tree. Price is $250....pick up only and will meet within an hour of Seymour, IN.

Would also trade even for a Lone Wolf Alpha hang on in good condition.
0 72 Read More
Deer Hunting
10/12/2018 06:25 PM
Congrats my friend. You always get 'er done early!

Just getting caught up after doing travel hunts over the past 3 weeks!
4 496 Read More
Deer Hunting
10/12/2018 06:23 PM
Congrats to all so far. This cold weather should get them moving. We had a young 9-pointer get smacked by a car on the highway in front of our house this morning. The police gave me the carcass, so I'm on the board with some venison at least wink
9 850 Read More
Deer Hunting
10/06/2018 05:30 PM
I have a moultrie card reader that worked on my old phone with the micro adapter my new phone has the new bigger charger slot. I put the adapter on the carder reader and plug it in new phone and it dont work anyone else have this problem and an answer to make it work
0 113 Read More
Deer Hunting
10/02/2018 11:31 AM
Awesome. Had some fun this past weekend with my sons. Lots of deer movement with the lower morning temps (mid 40's) and a couple of close encounters.
3 291 Read More
Deer Hunting
10/02/2018 11:28 AM
Got a couple of the Black Diamond Vario Harnesses this year. My 15 year old and I tried them out this weekend on the first hunt of the season. Super easy for him to clip right into the prussic knot and climb up safely.

https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_US/web-specials/vario-speed-harness-BD6500720000ALL1.html

Really like them compared to the HSS we used to use. They also feel so much less constrictive on your upper body compared to the HSS, especially for bowhunting.
23 543 Read More
Deer Hunting
09/28/2018 08:08 PM
http://chestertontribune.com/Environment/dnr_asking_deer_hunters_to_help.htm

DNR asking deer hunters to help monitor for chronic wasting disease

Back To Front Page

DNR asking deer hunters to help monitor for chronic wasting disease

Hunters can help monitor the deer populations in Northwest and Northeast Indiana for chronic wasting disease (CWD) by voluntarily submitting harvested deer to the DNR for testing during the 2018-19 deer hunting season.

The DNR Division of Fish & Wildlife has established a CWD core surveillance area in Newton County and Lake County south of Ind. 2. In those areas, the DNR hopes to sample as many hunter-harvested deer as possible from Sept. 29-Dec. 23.

CWD enhanced surveillance areas have also been identified in Jasper County, Lake County (north Ind. 2), and LaPorte, Porter, Pulaski, and Starke counties in Northwest Indiana, as well as in Steuben County in Northeast Indiana.

Surveillance involves collecting and testing lymph nodes from the neck of deer harvested by hunters and voluntarily submitted for evaluation.

CWD is a serious neurologic disease affecting white-tailed deer, mule deer, elk, and moose. The fatal disease is transmitted directly through bodily fluids like feces, saliva, blood, or urine or indirectly through environmental contamination of soil, plants, food, or water. CWD is found in free-ranging white-tailed deer in several Midwestern states close to Indiana, including Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin. CWD has not been detected in Indiana.

In Northwest Indiana, DNR will be collecting samples throughout the season with the help of area processors, taxidermists, and businesses. During weekends beginning Sept. 29, biologists will be stationed at Phil’s Truck Stop (3347 Ind. 10, in Lake Village) and Jay’s Deer Processing (2651 Clifford Road in Valparaiso) to collect samples for CWD testing.

During the week, hunters may submit samples for CWD testing to area Fish & Wildlife Areas, by appointment, during normal business hours. Additionally, partnering processors and taxidermists will be working with DNR to ensure CWD samples are collected for customers wishing to participate in surveillance.

In Northeast Indiana, DNR biologists will be collecting voluntary samples for CWD testing from deer harvested within Steuben County at Pigeon River FWA by appointment, during normal business hours. Additional locations and hours of operation will be available beginning opening weekend of firearms season.

For information, to view a map of sampling locations, or to help, visit twildlife.IN.gov/9650.htm

Posted 9/28/2018
0 98 Read More
Deer Hunting
09/27/2018 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by BowBo
You mentioned about something being "new for this year"..... not sure exactly what you were referring to?!?
But if you were talking about hunting till end of Jan... that was in effect last year as well.

It is "new" in the sense that they drastically expanded it along major travel routes. That property of mine is right along I69. I've been hunting it for around 25 years now and this is Reduction Zone thing is new to me. I'm torn about it to be honest. I feel it supports the State's "War on Does", which I hate. But I would typically shoot one doe between all of my properties anyway, so I took advantage of it and don't feel like I put any further dent in the population. I like the option for a 2nd buck (assuming that I can even cross paths with one buck that I want to shoot). But right now on that farm, there is not a single buck that I want to kill anyway. That of course can all change in a heart beat in early November.

All in all, it was just fun to be back in a tree stand.
7 425 Read More
Predator & Varmint Hunting
09/26/2018 06:01 PM
Thanks Jeff!
7 214 Read More
Deer Hunting
09/24/2018 04:11 PM
I hunted there the first two years they opened it up to Bowhunters ... never went back because it is to far to drive for me as I'm at the opposite end of the state .... I killed two deer there both times, went back of a picnic area is all I can say.... I have no idea what it is like now .... seen quite a few deer then... 'prolly lower numbers now ... you got to go there days prior and scout it out ...
2 272 Read More
The General Store
09/24/2018 01:06 PM
Up garded my base cabinets in my garage and Im selling the old ones. The cabinets measure 3 pcs @ 35" wide, 2 pcs @ 24" wide and a one drawer pc @ 36" wide all cabinets are 22" deep and 33" high.
Pics available via cell ph 317-979-642 one or you can see them on FB morgan co buy sell trade 150$ obo
0 107 Read More
Upland Game
09/22/2018 03:33 PM
I've been out a few times and have gotten 5 so far and missed a few. For only a 10 acre woods I saw a lot of activity but after I get to about 5 like this,I quit for the season so I don't clean them out. I need to find more places to hunt them around here.
6 783 Read More
Deer Hunting
09/22/2018 03:10 AM
the public lands encompass quite a bit of area/land mass, some F&W areas are a shadow of what they once were in deer density and have leveled off .... the draw hunts on the State parks, preserves, refuges, military areas have leveled off I think ... like the rest of the state, now in maintenance mode ....
6 428 Read More
Deer Hunting
09/21/2018 04:16 PM
Thanks for the input gentlemen.
8 382 Read More
Deer Hunting
09/20/2018 10:57 PM
I have never hunted Big oaks before so I though I would try it this year. My buddy got drawn for the Primitive Muzzle loader hunt. I tried calling at 7am and did not get through for a solid hour. Finally was able to get area 39 after about 5 other choices. Has anyone hunted area 39 and be willing to give me any good info on this area? I would really appreciate it. You can PM if you want.

Thanks in advance.
0 130 Read More
Deer Hunting
09/19/2018 02:02 AM
Got both early and late at Turkey Run. Chevy, you can help me haul deer out too! smile
6 433 Read More
Newest Members
Ridgerunner2002, thedoveshooter, Jrockmtwn, Adam Howard, DeanPayton
2679 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,393
Posts48,108
Members2,680
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 25 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(All Time)
Weedhopper 8,793
gundude 8,525
trapperDave 7,829
jbwhttail 7,590
delaney 6,376
BowBo 5,938
powderfinger 4,217
Yaz 4,192
HatchetJack 4,001

Hunting lease liability insurance