Originally posted by jbwhttail:
Pav:

Studies have shown two distinct things on centerfire rifles vs shotgun slugs.....

1. There is no difference in accidents between the two. Now that doesn't say anything on buildings being hit, just human bodies.

2. Shotgun slugs will deflect more readily than a centerfire round. Most likely that is because of size of the round, and they were comparing the "pumpkin ball round".

Again this is an "opportunity" proposal, give people more choices. It wins on a possible two fronts for IDNR....... more license sales and more PR monies from gun and ammo sales.

Again, I told Wayne Fatz many years ago that allowing the pistols for deer was opening the door to more and more changes, he assured me it was limited to very few people. Then we had a assistant deer biologist who wanted to hunt with his Contender pistol in .243 caliber and the rule was changed. Modern muzzleloaders with ballistics matching or exceeding the 30-06 are allowed, then you get PCR's, add in the immeadiate wildcat rounds that match cenerfire rounds Ballistics. Why should we not allow centerfires?

Deer hunting has lost its' tradition here in Indiana and many other States, it is about the quick kill, no need to hone skills and practice. Kill the number of deer you want/need, be it for the table or to meet your ego, then just move on to your other hobbies......

When the rule is passed(and it will)I'll use my .300wsm on occasion, I'll still hunt with my muzzleloader, and my bow. What wont change is my passion to be in the woods every day possible.

Now I guess it is time for me to get scorched again over what a REAL deer hunter is.........

It is the person who has "passion", that person doesn't wait on the season but, makes the season last 24/7 365. It's more about the hunt than the kill, the hunt is dictated by ethics, not the rule of law. The person who "pulls the rope" rather than pushing the rope.

Pav, you and I are getting older/wiser, I don't see many of our next generation that have "tradition" in their vocabulary, it is about me and "now". Enjoy every hunt,GunDude proved we never know when............He would say "hunt on".
Interesting opinion thanks for sharing......

"OLD SCHOOL" is hard to find now days!!!

Guardian Of The One Buck Rule & Gunseason
"Some people just need a good *** whoopin. It keeps the planets aligned"