Originally posted by BREW...:
Originally posted by pav:
[b]
Originally posted by Cody.Query:
[b] To be candid I haven't researched this much at all and to preface I'm not pro enclosure hunting. But what seems to be the #1 thing people mention is CWD.

My question is aren't people already "farming" deer here in Indiana? What is the difference in regards to CWD if people are already allowed to raise numbers of deer in captivity?
The difference between actual "deer farming" and put and take shooting pens is the amount of cervid traffic it requires to keep the pens stocked. Since there is no reliable CWD test for live animals...CWD could arrive in the back of a truck at any time.

It doesn't just affect what is in the pen either. Escapes are quite common...and environmental contamination in the form of runoff is guaranteed. Once Pandora's box is open, there will be no closing it. [/b]
This ^^^ x 10....... CWD will enter this state at night in horse trailer!!!...... [/b]
Again, not trying to be difficult but the same can be said of the deer farms. A lot of the ones I've seen are constantly bringing in deer to improve genetics. And escapees/cwd would seem just as likely there. Just seems like if all in against one you should be against the other too, at least if the argument is tied to cwd.

If the argument is against shooting fish in a barrel then I get that.

"Form your own thoughts, instead of quoting another's original insight."-Cody Query