Originally posted by Scarlett Dew:
Originally posted by Cody.Query:
[b] I would think today's hunter more than ever in the past would seek their name in a book.
You are correct.

But expect those with only interests of meat, or those with little skill, or interests of just watching a sunset on stand, .......or those that just don't care, etc, etc to "throw stones" at the idea of hunters caring about quality deer. There are many reasons why there are "those that don't care".......but every one of them would crack the 170+ incher standing next to the spike given the chance......EVERY YEAR. wink

The split in their tongue runs DEEP........and EXCUSES/BLAMING are their best friend.....

......whole nest of 'em in here. [/b]
What's so wrong with sportsmen/women hunting for meat, enjoying sunsets on stand, or taking that buck of a lifetime if he happens to walk by? While you choose to live deer hunting 365 days a year, love to hunt big bucks, scoring racks and record books...not everyone that hunts deer is that way.

Deer hunting is many things to many people and that's why I supported the 2nd proposal. And while you just can't seem to grasp why people don't "see" things "your" way, I'm just the opposite. I get your obsession and I try to understand the more casual hunter as well.

In the end, I just don't think your obsession should trump other peoples opportunities to hunt with a firearm in November or enjoy the new crossbow regs during the archery season if they so choose.