[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Saturday morning 10/5 was my second day out this season, and I was blessed to be able to have a shot on this nice buck at 7:55AM - first deer seen during legal hours this season!

He came in from behind me to my left and never had a clue I was there. 8 yd shot quartering away. Shot angle started a bit high (at least that's what I thought after seeing the arrow still sticking out of him as he ran off!).

The last deer I hit high in no man's land I tracked but was never able to recover, so of course that was the thought I had running through my head. Was relieved to see him go down in sight though! Went about 80 yds and piled up.

The kicker to the story is the ~20 minutes prior to him coming my way - the landowners step daughter just started bow hunting last season, and was out on Sat as well. She chose to hunt the field edge, and I chose a frequent bedding site. This guy came out in front of her, and when at full draw she "tinked" her stand and the deer bolted....and came my way. She was not a happy camper. frown

I have never attempted to score a buck before, but gave it a shot - came up with 133 7/8. 12" G2, 18 1/2" spread. I am super thrilled with him! Met up with Jeremy French from Little Bear Taxidermy today to hand him off. Jeremy was guessing 4.5 or 5.5 yr old deer. Can't wait to get him back home!

Good luck to everyone this season! I'm after the does now, and military/park hunts.

It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're flying with a bunch of turkeys.