Cody, I do understand your point a situation. Our small farm up north is only 118 acres with 78 tillable. That provides both a sanctuary and food source for the deer. Our woods are split into different ends of the property. Joe's point is correct also in that if you didn't, or I didn't, provide a sanctuary, the number of deer killed in our area would be even higher than it is. We have a 5 acre woods that doesn't get any hunting and it luckily sits at the end of our property where there is no other woods right next to it, only open fields which prevents guys from hunting it's edges. We left the property alone this firearms season, except for opening weekend, and even though we still have a couple of really nice bucks up there, I'm told staying in the five acre woodlot by neighbors up there, we still won't hunt the property in an effort to protect all the deer. So, you do make a difference although it might not be as much of a difference as you wish. But, reduction in bonus permits, and we are an 8 county, would also help some.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"