Those crazy biologist! Can't believe they aren't listening mechanics, salesmen, construction workers, assembly liners, teachers, police officers, roofers, and othe blue collar workers. I'm not a biologist either but I do know that people complain when there are too many deer, not enough deer, or not enough "big" bucks. Pick a fight and stay with it. These are not all in one. There is too much varying habitat in Indiana to paint the state with a broad brush as deer limits/season goes. Hence the varied antler less quota county to county. And they're always changing. EHD, drought, bad winters, just plain bad luck, etc. You manage your property how you wish. Joe Blow wants to push their "management" plans on other people and for the other people to do the work or suffer so Joe Blow can "manage" his farm for "big ones". I don't believe everything(hardly anything) the state tells me. But when it comes to more biology than politics, you almost have to take what you are given. Now is where you conspiracy theorist come in with the outrageous claims of why deer numbers are down.....cougars, insurance company lobbyist, Obama, republicans, Sasquatch, etc