Home

complete traditional archery set Sold

Posted By: sheltowee

complete traditional archery set Sold - 10/29/2014 09:35 PM

My shoulder is shot. I'm selling all of my trad gear. I have a Bear. Super Kodiak 50# RH. Bear Montana RH 55#. Each have a stringer and 2 strings. A camo hip quiver, 8 Easton arrows with field tips, 2 sets of broad heads, a fetching jig, a leather pocket quiver, various tips and nocks, a small tackle box, some feathers for fetching.

Everything you need to hunt.
$400
Trade interests,
Xbow
Handguns
Shotgun
Rifle
Any outdoor gear considered
Posted By: Yaz

Re: complete traditional archery set Sold - 10/29/2014 10:06 PM

I "feel your pain" Bro! Doc says Im one hay bale throw, or one pull of the string away from surgery on BOTH! Steroids and anti-inflamitories has made it tolerable for the last couple years. I'm sticking it out as long as I can with the trad. gear.
Posted By: traditionalarcher17

Re: complete traditional archery set Sold - 10/29/2014 10:16 PM

I also feel you, baseball for 28 years and counting is catching up to me. I've had one elbow surgery, need another And I don't even wanna get my shoulder checked out. Right now I'm shooting a 60 lb recurve my dad made while I still can. I've got a 40 lb recurve my dad made when my shoulder acts up. Both are broken in killers. Hate to see you have to give it up, hope you can still bow hunt in some wah shape or form.
Posted By: sheltowee

Re: complete traditional archery set Sold - 10/30/2014 05:49 AM

I have to take aleve every day. I thought about going to a lower weight bow, but I'm afraid that won't help. I'm thinking about crossbow route.
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: complete traditional archery set Sold - 10/30/2014 08:54 AM

You will find out there are a lot of things you will do differently as you age and things wear out I find ways to adjust and keep on keeping on rather than quitting because I am not willing to change I hunt with a Crossbow now after 40yrs with the other bows it was either that or quit
Posted By: Gilley

Re: complete traditional archery set Sold - 10/30/2014 04:55 PM

It sucks big time this getting old s***. I've had shoulder surgery, neck surgery, and thoracic spine surgery and still have one numb leg and one that doesn't work real well. Really didn't have a choice but to go to crossbow and gotta say I do love it. It was either that or only hunt firearms season.
Posted By: Yaz

Re: complete traditional archery set Sold - 10/30/2014 08:33 PM

I was hunting the other night, and was right in the middle of a two mile section, surrounded by standing crops in all directions. A big old fat doe came along, and stood broadside at less than 15 yards. I got to thinking, what if I do kill her??? I have at least a 3/4 mile drag to any road, in any direction That thought of shooting was quickly forgotten. Then I seen a picture of Gilley and his deer where he drove right up to it! I had to laugh. I thought now THAT'S the place to kill a deer!!! laugh laugh Yea…..getting old changes the way I hunt!!! LOL
Posted By: psearchery

Re: complete traditional archery set Sold - 10/30/2014 10:20 PM

Yaz I'm in the same county and still a little on the young side I will come drag for you anytime.
Posted By: Gilley

Re: complete traditional archery set Sold - 10/31/2014 04:10 PM

Yaz, you've got to train them to run out in an open field after you shoot them. smile Not easy to do
Posted By: Allegiance

Re: complete traditional archery set Sold - 10/31/2014 04:16 PM

What brand fletching jig. What clamps do you have.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting