Home

IDHA

Posted By: Buck Creek

IDHA - 03/04/2014 06:00 PM

Just wanting to get some info on what the IDHA is involved in these days? I haven't been a member for awhile and was thinking about joining back up. No reason for leaving before, I was just a member of a lot of things back then and couldn't afford everything. Do you guys still do the youth or handicap hunts?
Posted By: delaney

Re: IDHA - 03/04/2014 07:12 PM

PM Sent
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: IDHA - 03/05/2014 09:58 AM

I do know the IDHA did the Crane handicapped hunt last November.

Even though I am not an official IDHA member, I got the opportunity to participate as a helper, the hunter I was guiding shot a nice 8 pointer there at crane.

It was a day in the woods I will never forget. I look forward to helping out this fall too.
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: IDHA - 03/05/2014 02:07 PM

Joe Robb at Big Oaks was saying that BOKNWR and IDHA host the Biggest youth Hunt (he thought) in the Nation yesterday at a wildlife workshop IDHA a good group to be a part of IMO I have been a member of and on since the 70,s went to mtgs at a conservation clul off 465 in Indy back then Im more on as a member now and have been for several yrs
Posted By: jbwhttail

Re: IDHA - 03/05/2014 04:12 PM

Thanks for the inquiry..........

Yes as reported we still do both a handicapped hunt at Crane and a youth hunt at Big Oaks, with tightening budgets on State and Federal levels we fund both of these hunts. We supply needed people for both huns as well. We also provide funding at the "Becoming an Outdoors Woman" pheasant hunt at Atterbury F&W area each year.Yea it is not deer related but is an important endeavor.

This past year we have funded a survey for "the limiting factors in women participating in hunting", being done as a thesis By a Ball State student. Again let's help identify, then help recuit new hunters.

Each year we have three events we are deeply involved and dedicated to, The Deer&Turkey Expo, The Wild Game Cookout at the state fair and the Hoosier Outdoor Experience. Each of these events hopefully recruit more people to enjoy outdoors and hunting.

We have never done this before but I think it is important for folks who are not members to know. Renfro Productions who put on the Indianapolis Boat Sport and Travel show and the Deer & Turkey Expo are our biggest benefactor. Each year they donate to the IDHA "THOUSANDS" of dollars! We take those dollars and fund as many projects as possible. A couple of years ago IDNR was short monies to fund a youth hunting program, we were contacted, a check was written for $2500.00. Not possible without people participating in the Deer &Turkey Expo and Renfro Productions. Thanks Kevin Renfro and crew!!!

We are deeply involved in wildlife legislation and the DNR administrative rule process, much to the chagrin of some people. The IDHA firmly believes as Aldo Luepold said, "We have a responsibility to leave the resources better than we received them."

No hat, no fancy magazine, no bottle of deer pee but............. we will continue to work hard to improve the resource and the Indiana outdoor experience.

Joe Bacon

President IDHA
Posted By: bean

Re: IDHA - 03/05/2014 04:22 PM

I will also throw in with what Joe said another way IDHA has helped out in the past: I know they have helped schools get the NASP program funded to get it in the schools.

Re: IDHA - 03/05/2014 07:06 PM

Correct Bean.......... we average 2 archery in school programs each year........ cost for each is $3000.00

Re: IDHA - 03/05/2014 07:11 PM

I'm going to add one more thing.......This site.

We support this site, it is about $600.00 per year. We could move it to a free site but we see a value here. Most importantly is our for sale forum, no free site allows the sale of guns,bow or ammunition. Because we pay, we can supply this service.

We gather opinions from the site as we take positions on issues. The site has value to our mission.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: IDHA - 03/06/2014 02:54 PM

Joe,

IDHA is involved in several things I was not aware of. All good stuff.

How does one join the IDHA?
Posted By: gundude

Re: IDHA - 03/06/2014 04:56 PM

Not a member anymore but I do contribute and support IDHA!!!.
Why not a member?.... well I tend to shoot my mouth off in public forums now and then and I don't want to be tagged to any group. ( some orgs might chringe a little).. let's just say I speak my mind..politically correct?.. no..

idha does a great job and has my full support!.. I'll donate again to them..

Joe and others do a thankless job.
Posted By: sticksender

Re: IDHA - 03/06/2014 07:05 PM

Originally posted by 76chevy:

How does one join the IDHA?
Join here:

http://www.hoosierhunting.com/idhajoin.html

Posted By: Buck Creek

Re: IDHA - 03/08/2014 07:24 PM

Thanks for the replies, I believe I'll re up.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting