Home

Hunting while farmer is harvesting

Posted By: Buck147

Hunting while farmer is harvesting - 11/11/2013 03:27 PM

Has anyone every had any luck hunting while their picking a corn field you hunt over. Currently in tree stand and there picking the field over me. I have had luck once they leave the deer come out. But I don't think they will be done by dark. I'm hoping to get lucky and they kick one or twenty up and they come my way. Just passing time in the tree stand.
Posted By: Parrot Head

Re: Hunting while farmer is harvesting - 11/11/2013 03:35 PM

They are usually hauling balls if I would see them now after like you said is good.
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: Hunting while farmer is harvesting - 11/11/2013 03:51 PM

i once had a buck feeding under me without a care in the world while TWO farmers were bush hogging within 100 yards to the east and west of us.
Posted By: Bdub

Re: Hunting while farmer is harvesting - 11/11/2013 03:53 PM

Just hope the combine don't get them first

[Linked Image]

Re: Hunting while farmer is harvesting - 11/11/2013 05:37 PM

Shot a buck!!!!! Story and pics coming...
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Hunting while farmer is harvesting - 11/11/2013 07:11 PM

YES!

Had a farmer in a combine run deer right to me on a couple of occasions.

Congrats on the buck.
Posted By: Hunt N Nut

Re: Hunting while farmer is harvesting - 11/11/2013 07:47 PM

I've tried, but it's hard to get a shot when the farmer won't stop the combine. Lol
Posted By: Yaz

Re: Hunting while farmer is harvesting - 11/11/2013 08:52 PM

I see deer all the time while shelling corn. They pay NO never mind to a combine in the field. My B-I-L ran a small but over last year. he was asleep is all we can figure. I ran most of the weekend, and had a little doe get up and move a 1/2 dozen rows over and lay down, only to do it again when I got close. Then right at dark.....my "target" buck came out of the woods, across a hay field, and walked within 60 yards of the running combine.....while I was standing by the tire taking a .......well, you know! :rolleyes: laugh

Re: Hunting while farmer is harvesting - 11/11/2013 10:16 PM

Posted pictures and Story of the buck, under got the job done. Man what a night, Now I will always hunt when they harvest the field. Pays off!! Seen I total of 5 deer during the sit.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting