Home

Nugents high fence thoughts

Posted By: skeeterowner

Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/04/2013 01:05 AM

Anyone else see Uncle Ted on Outdoor Ch. promoting his high fence ethics. I'm a Nugent fan. But before his Texas ranch it was brown n down in Michigan. Has the Nuge slipped a pinch? I hope not. He does a lot for our rights.
Posted By: varmint101

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/04/2013 06:00 PM

Man, I was watching it the other day and his wife shot a nice buck that had an ear tag. When they get to the buck they mention the ear tag is a GPS device to locate the down critter. Holy cow! No more.
Posted By: HatchetJack

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/04/2013 06:16 PM

Never been a fan and never will be...
Posted By: delaney

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/04/2013 06:34 PM

He serves his own agenda, not necessarily to the benefit of sportsmen. I'm with Jack on this one.
Posted By: gundude

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/04/2013 07:08 PM

X2

He could be an asset but he has become a liability.
Posted By: Hunt N Nut

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/04/2013 08:51 PM

Never been a Nuge fan and it is nice to see others on a hunting site that feel the same way.

Usually saying on a hunting site that you don't like uncle Ted is worse than saying you're a registered democrat.
Posted By: psearchery

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/04/2013 10:32 PM

i can not stand him. everytime i hear where have we seen this before i want to scream. as i kid i idolized him but now he is no part a true hunter in my books.

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/04/2013 11:30 PM

Yes. Listening to him promoting his high fence efforts. I may be rethinking the fan part. It was a wow moment did i and my son just hear that. Wouldn't be surprised on Outdoor Channels future with the spirit!
Posted By: Goosepond_Monster

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/05/2013 09:17 AM

As I've said before...

Uncle Ted the rocker, awesome.

Uncle Ted the hunter, joke.
Posted By: solohunter

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/05/2013 11:52 AM

Music and hunting, lame.
Posted By: Goosepond_Monster

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/05/2013 12:03 PM

If you don't think Stranglehold is a rocking tune, you should probably move to Canada or France.
Posted By: solohunter

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/05/2013 09:30 PM

Nugent is an average guitarist, he is a musician and not an artist. Never progressed into an artist, such as EVH or SRV did. Primarily 3 chord guitarist, C,G,F chords and an occasional D when he is feeling fancy. Does Stranglehold rock? It kinda did when I was 17 is his hey day, but not so much now.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/06/2013 08:25 AM

I quit paying attention to him after his multiple poaching violations in 2 states. Nuge is a liability to hunters now

not a fan......

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/06/2013 12:03 PM

FYI, re-read my post and should have said "a" downed critter not "the." I don't believe they used it to track the animal she killed.

Someone on another site said the GPS is used for patterning.
Posted By: traditionalarcher17

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/06/2013 02:48 PM

Did they quit feeding it then tag it? Bet if you looked close enough it prolly had its name on the tag. What a joke!

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/06/2013 05:33 PM

Why in the world would you air a show with a tagged GPS animal shot and really think its the way to fly. IDK maybe to much Zumba and is paodi considered a drug( not sure on spelling but ya get point). Maybe he needs a beer. Really starting to show bad side. Just opinion!
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/06/2013 06:55 PM

Just goes to show that a certain "cup of tea" isn't for everybody. Not that I agree with him on this one, but he has a right to hunt however he chooses, as we all do.

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/06/2013 08:47 PM

Pretty much weed. I don't agree with it msyelf, but she broke no laws, made a good shot and recovered the deer. There's a lot of stuff I don't agree with that's legal these days! I may feel different even if I grew up in Texas where it's the norm. One thing is I won't be watching it anymore. That's my only choice in the matter.
Posted By: Uncle Bucky

Re: Nugents high fence thoughts - 08/23/2013 11:25 PM

I am on the fence with Nugent.. He does promote the sport, but then he also uses antics that are questionable to whether or not he is promoting our sport and rights, or promoting himself ?
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting